We’re looking for an enthusiastic Design Engineer who has the ability to help us deliver truly extraordinary experiences for our clients.
Are you a technically-minded event professional who loves getting their teeth into a variety of events, from large to small, virtual through to live? We’re looking for an enthusiastic Design Engineer who has the ability to shape the future of our business and help us deliver truly extraordinary experiences for our clients.
- Understand the technical requirements of client briefs and provide accurate, creative, innovative and well costed solutions to them
- Demonstrate commercial awareness when designing solutions; ensuring they remain profitable and within budget for our clients
- Deliver responses in a clear manner so accessible to clients while ensuring our proposed solutions details, limitations and requirements are also understood
- Assist the Client Team and end clients in their understanding of event technology and services.
- Identify risks to events and assumptions made in proposal to minimise later liability for any issues
- Support Project Team with technical assistance; from accurate and detailed plans and schematics to having discussions with the team around best practices and various solution options
- Ensuring we stay within the scope of our core offerings when responding to client briefs
- 10 years of experience in a technical role within the live events industry
- Practical knowledge of a wide range of technical elements within events allowing you to propose safe and workable solutions Including but not exclusive of; audio, vision, lighting, scenic, rigging, power, digital, virtual and also logistic event elements
- A proven track record of accurate budgeting and quoting for live events
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience collaborating and negotiating with outside agencies, event teams, venues and suppliers
- Experience with CAD and other design / creative software preferable
- A full driving license would be highly beneficial
If you want to join our team and this sounds like the role for you, please forward your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org