Join our team of skilled event AV Technicians
We’re Sparq. A dynamic technical digital and live event production specialist. We push boundaries, raise expectations, and inspire astonishing live and digital events, relentlessly pursuing the extraordinary to create experiences which pop.
At Sparq, our team of AV Technicians are a dynamic and professional team of event specialists who work with a variety of clients delivering extraordinary experiences. Our team pride ourselves on always meeting our client’s expectations and delivering out of this world service, you’d be expected to ensure the team meets these standards.
Role and Responsibilities
The primary function is to provide audio visual support across a range of events and to be accountable to all stakeholders for the delivery.
Every project is different at Sparq, and you will be part of a dedicated specialist team making every event a success story. You'll need to be a strong team player with great emphasis on attention to detail, someone who thrives on finding solutions to the challenges that live events bring.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operation of audio-visual equipment as allocated to provide the highest quality technical standard
- Positioning, installation, and operation of equipment within all event areas
- To liaise with clients and venue staff as required to fulfil the delivery of an event
- To assist with IT and network requirements for events as dictated by the customer
- Quick response to emergency/ad hoc requests
- To act as a ‘responsible person’ on-site when required and communicate any defects to the management team detailing the symptoms presented and the measures taken to overcome and resolve
- To support other technicians.
- To work in compliance with our H&S policies and company procedures at all times
- Have a positive attitude and be a great team player
Qualifications and further education
- Strong IT skills
- Works well in stressful circumstances and high-pressured environments with strict deadlines
- Proactive approach to solving problems
- Flexible approach to working hours (out of hours, weekends, bank holidays and working away from home included in the role)
- Comfortable with working at a height and alongside plant and access equipment
- Be able to understand and interpret technical plans and direction by senior members of the team and carry out those tasks to the expected level
Physical and social conditions of this role
- Based at the Sparq Hub located in Leeds
- Out-of-hours work may be required where necessary
- Working to strict timelines in a pressured environment
If you want to join our team and this sounds like the role for you, please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.