Domestic Support Fund launches to support live events
A new grant available to charities and associations from Visit Britain has been launched to help kick start the return of business events. The Domestic Support Fund is accessible to not-for-profit organisations who are looking to host business events such as meetings and conferences, between the 21st June and 17th December.
What support is available?
Based on the number of delegates attending a live event – or the live aspect of a hybrid event – organisations can apply for £30 per delegate. This support is available for events with an audience of between 100 and 500, to the maximum value of £15,000, from 21 June to 17 December 2021. Organisers must demonstrate why the funding is needed and provide evidence of the total number of attendees, they will then receive financial support once the event has taken place.
Am I eligible?
Applicant organisations must meet the following criteria to apply:
- The applicants are UK not-for-profit organisations, including associations and charities
- The applicants must be in operation for more than a year at the time of application. In exceptional circumstances, applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
- The events are defined as: meetings and conferences. VisitBritain will not support award ceremonies, AGMs, incentives, social or family groups, weddings, student, or leisure tour groups
- The events target a domestic audience
- The events attract from 100 to 500 attendees
- The events are live and can include a virtual component. Support is for total attendees to the live element of a hybrid event
How do I apply?
Visit www.visitbritain.org/domestic-support-fund and carefully read the guidelines to find out whether you’re eligible. Complete the application form and send this together with supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**This fund is limited and set to be very popular, so don’t hesitate and apply as soon as possible!