Head of People
Join our team to help lead our future HR strategy
At Sparq we are looking to recruit an experienced Head of People, a rare opportunity to join the business in a role of pivotal responsibility and with fantastic ongoing potential.
The Head of People will essentially act as the go-to HRM contact and will support almost 60 staff.
What we’re looking for: A skilled Human Resources Manager with broad experienced gained within a modern and fast paced setting. Your employment law and general HR policy making skills will need to be up to date, and you’ll understand the need to utilise technology for the very best application of the initiatives that you’ll lead.
It goes without saying that exceptional people management and interpersonal skills will be a prerequisite. We seek a candidate with a minimum of 4-5 years generalist HR management experience, qualified to CIPD level 5 (or higher), or qualified by vocational experience. The business operates in a fast growing sector and employs a creative and free spirited team; exceptional communication and team-playing skills will be a pre-requisite! This is not an old fashioned HRM role, it’s a position that requires a modern approach all aspects of people management.
The role is offered as full time (we may consider a 4 day working week), In addition to a great annual salary and a fantastic working environment, the business also offers a number of great non-financial benefits.
The main tasks of the job:
- Work with The Board of Directors to develop and integrate a proactive and forward thinking strategies.
- Alongside the Senior Management team, you will lead the cultural evolution across Sparq ensuring we are creating a welcoming, supportive and transparent environment that drives high performance and stirs ambitions amongst out team.
- To manager employee relation casework, including dispute resolution, disciplinaries, grievances, absence and redundancy.
- Provide managers with comprehensive, effective and professional support on a full range of HR activities.
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Provide advice and support on recruitment and selection.
- Support managers on all recruitment matters, writing person specifications and job descriptions.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Support change management processes in line with people management solutions and programs.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Keep up to date with UK employment legislation.
- Monitor all employee records to include, maternity, paternity requests along with absence providing regular updates to the SMT.
- Coordinate work placement and apprenticeship processes.
- Manage and develop starter and leaver procedures
- Manage HR personnel records ensuring compliance with GDPR.
- Act as the lead on behalf of the business in order to manage contracts, suppliers, insurnaces and maintainenece associated with our small vehicle fleet
- Implement new initiatives and schemes related to company vehicle drivers
- Work closely with the Operations Manager (CBU) to administrate the logging of company fuel claims and milegage via our mileage claim software.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely payment of employees
- Issuing payslips to all employees via our payroll system (Sage Payroll)
- Creating salary sheets and reports as requested
- Gathering and maintaining employee records
- Verifying working hours and pay rates
- Tracking employee absence
- Ensuring compliance with UK laws and regulations
- Handling and resolving and payment issues
- Assisting the accounting department
- Collaborating with other financial personnel
Qualifications and further education
- Graduate of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- At least 5 years proven generalist HR experience at an operational level
- Knowlege of best practice HR
- Up to date knowledge of aspects of employment law
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well organised with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work autonomously
- Smart casual office wear
- Sparq branded shirt when required
- 8.30am – 17.30pm Monday to Friday (flexible)
- Overtime will be offered during peak periods (appraisals, recruitment drives etc)
If you want to join our team and this sounds like the role for you, please forward your application to email@example.com.