Join our team of skilled finance specialists
We’re Sparq. A dynamic technical digital and live event production specialist. We push boundaries, raise expectations, and inspire astonishing live & digital events, relentlessly pursuing the extraordinary to create experiences which pop.
An amazing opportunity has arisen to join our Finance team which is a vital part of our process and end goal of creating unforgettable experiences.
As an Accounts Assistant you will have exposure to the whole Finance department and work closely with the Financial Director.
Role and Responsibilities
The primary function is to provide audio visual support across a range of events and to be accountable to all stakeholders for the delivery.
Every project is different at Sparq, and you will be part of a dedicated specialist team making every event a success story. You'll need to be a strong team player with great emphasis on attention to detail, someone who thrives on finding solutions to the challenges that live events bring.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Raising of Sales Invoice
- Taking daily responsibility for accounts payable & recieveable
- Maintaining the purchase and sales ledger
- Credit Control - proactively reduce the level of aged debt and highlight accounts that require escalation
- Process supplier invoices
- Support with month end
- Monitoring daily communications and answering any queries.
- Ensuring payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals.
- Recording and filing cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and chasing debt.
- Invoice processing and filing.
- Processing expense requests for the accountant to approve.
- Accounting reconciliation.
- Liaising with third party providers, clients and suppliers.
- Supporting the internal team with accounts and payment enquiries.
- Updating and maintaining procedural documentation.
Qualifications and further education
- At least 3-5 years experience working within an accounts team
- Experience using Xero accounting platform is highly desirable
- The ability to work in a fast paced team and have the ability to be adaptable
- The desire to improves processes
- A meticulous attention to detail
- A positive and outgoing personality
- Bonus scheme
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
If you want to join our team and this sounds like the role for you, please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.